Hulk 2 was a planned sequel to the 2003 film Hulk. It was scheduled for a May 2005 release. The film was going to have Ang Lee return to direct the film and have James Schamus return as the screenwriter.
The Hulk/Bruce Banner would deal with Grey Hulk/Joe Fixit while also dealing with The Leader and The Abomination. It would've taken place on a Native Reservation. The reservation would've shown the people suffering hard times; Discrimination, fear, hostility, and contamination from radioactivity.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Hulk received primarily mixed reviews from critics and fans despite being a box office hit.
- The original sequel was permanently cancelled.
- Elements from the original sequel were put into 2008's The Incredible Hulk.
- Marvel took over production in 2006 when Universal did not meet its deadline for production.
- Eric Bana would still reprise his role as Bruce Banner in the Video Game.
- Ang Lee went on to direct the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain.