After the success of the 1987 film Dragnet, Universal planned on making a sequel with Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks returning as Joe Friday and Pep Stebeck, but the project didn't come to fruition. The film was going to be directed by Tom Manckiewicz, who did the first film.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The cancellation reasons are for the most part unknown.
- Tom Hanks went on to do Big and The 'Burbs,
- Dan Aykroyd went on to do Ghostbusters II.
- The film was permanently cancelled.
- Universal made several reboots of the series in the 1990s and the early 2000s, most of which were short lived.
- This is the 420th page.