Thomas and the Magic Railroad 2 is a cancelled sequel to the 2000 film Thomas and the Magic Railroad, it was being worked on during production of said film.
Why It Was Cancelled
- While the first film made money, it did not make enough to be deemed 'successful'.
- Many script re-writes were made during production of the first film, meaning that the team producing the sequel may have had a hard time keeping up with the new scripts and story alterations as the sequel was being worked on around the time of the first.
- P.T. Boomer was likely to still be in the script during its production and if so, it would likely already been set in the story for its plot meaning that the audience would not know who he is and may have also been frightened by him. It's also the reason why he was cut from the film.
- This sequel has been cancelled, and due to the failure of Thomas and the Magic Railroad, no other theatrical Thomas films have been released.
- Trinity Entertainment Motion Pictures Studios and DreamWorks Pictures will release its first theatrical film based on Thomas the Tank Engine series, since Thomas and the Magic Railroad.