The SuperMarioLogan Movie! was a planned film based on the popular YouTube channel SML (Formerly known as SuperMarioLogan). A teaser trailer to the unreleased film was released on July 9th, 2017.
The film would start with Mario and company. Jeffy then hears the ice cream truck and wants ice cream. It turns out The ice cream truck was driven by Screwball The Clown and The Loan Dolphin and were hired by Jeffy's mom, who escaped prison. The plan was to kidnap Jeffy, but they instead kidnap Mario. Jeffy goes back to the SML house and tells everyone Mario got kidnapped, and Chef Pee Pee was the only one who sees the problem, while nobody else cares. Days pass, the entire house is in chaos because Mario is missing. Bowser gets word that Mr. Goodman will cut the power if it doesn't get paid. Chef Pee Pee tells Bowser that Mario got kidnapped, then Bowser says he knows someone who can track Mario down but is dead. Bowser then hears his son, Bowser Junior, and his friends talking about a scientist who can bring people back to life. Bowser asks Junior where the scientist is and brings all Mama Luigi's body parts. Mama Luigi is then glued and stitched back together and is brought back to life. Mama Luigi then tracks down Nancy's headquarters, where Nancy took Mario. Jeffy's mom then wants Mario to sign papers over Jeffy for her. While Mario is about to, Mama Luigi, Bowser, and Chef Pee Pee break into the headquarters, and a fight breaks out, and Mario is saved. Mama Luigi then meets some of the SML characters, and something else happens.
- Bowser Junior
- Chef Pee Pee
- Brooklyn T. Guy
- Black Yoshi
- Jackie Chu
- Mama Luigi
- Screwball the Clown
- Loan Dolphin
The rest is currently unknown.
Why It Was Cancelled
- There is a bit of strong language.
- Overall, the draft is darker than the unreleased final cut, and it had on-screen deaths and was going for either a PG-13 or an R rating.
- Good Morning America did a segment on SML. It stated that YouTube is not doing enough to prevent inappropriate family-oriented content like SML from being viewed by kids, even though almost all of it is aimed not at kids but instead aimed at a primarily teenage and adult audience and has a large number of children's following. In interviews, kids admitted they knew the videos were inappropriate for them. Most parents stated that the channel should be eliminated from YouTube due to kids watching inappropriate content, despite SML not being meant for kids in the first place. Later, the segment was uploaded separately to GMA's YouTube channel. A majority of Logan's fans immediately hated the video currently holding a roughly 1-to-10 like-to-dislike ratio and defended him in the comments.
- Some of the cast still hate each other today and are barely performing on screen together. (Lovell Stanton with Elaina Keyes and Anthony Miller; and Chilly Jimenez with Keyes).
- Series creator Logan Thirtyacre repeatedly gets demonetized on YouTube and does nothing about the kid fans who subscribe and watch him.
- SML has still gone downhill.
- Budget problems during the production.
- The film would age poorly due to adding new characters and changing the main characters (Mario, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Junior, Cody, Joseph, Black Yoshi.) from plushies to human version puppets while other characters (Shrek, Woody, etc.) haven’t upgraded into puppets yet.
- The Apocalypse affected the film and affected by Federal Trade Commission‘s Children‘s Online Privacy Protection Act, which was created in 1998 and effected in 2000. Due to YouTube violating the law, They were sued for $170 million from FTC. On November 12th, 2019, the new policy was added to YouTube Creator Studio; if a channel chooses an option of the channel’s demographic for children, YouTube will remove features such as comments, notification of a new video, being recommended, being searchable, the community tab, stories, info card, end title, and personalized ads. That YouTube cut to 90% lost revenue, making less money to support the film’s budget. If the channel chose the option of the channel’s demographic not for children, but instead target for adult and teenage audience but incorrectly that wasn’t made for children, YouTube would've paid a fine of $42,530 per video. This policy would come into effect by January 1st, 2020. Logan promised that the film would be released in 2019, but it’s unlikely to be removed due to the newer but highly divisive changes to YouTube.
- According to Chilly’s Tweet, Logan was “too scared” to announce the film’s cancellation. Otherwise, the fans would be upset and harass him if he did. Instead, they decided that fans would forget about the film’s existence.
- Zeke doesn't want to film with Logan anymore because he promised Zeke a job to work with the SML crew and later on did not respond about the Job confirmation, which almost caused Zeke to lose his current position.
- When a fan asks, "Where is the SML Movie?" Logan or other SML cast members never respond and ignore it, especially in Q&As.
- On February 11, 2021, Logan received a cease and desist letter from Nintendo about using the Mario characters, stating he is no longer allowed to use the Nintendo plushies in videos. Logan announced that the human puppets would be used and become a permanent change to the channel.
- The original film was permanently cancelled.
- There will never be an SuperMarioLogan movie, and SuperMarioLogan remained a YouTube channel, with no movie at all.
- Despite being unreleased, the teaser is still up. To see it, click the link to the trailer. https://sml.fandom.com/wiki/SuperMarioLogan_Movie_Teaser_Trailer
- The Teaser starts with a Black Screen and a Siren blaring. The voice of Brooklyn T. Guy yelled, "Oh No! She escaped! We're going into lockdown! Make sure she doesn't get far!", Then the voice of Nancy is heard telling somebody, "I want you to grab him, Bring him to me, I'm gonna get my money, Even if I have to kill him!", The scene then cuts from black to the neighborhood that The SML Characters live in, an Ice cream truck is seen slowing driving towards the camera, a few Seconds later Jeffy is heard saying "Hey Daddy! It's the ice cream, man! Can we get an Ice cream?" This followed by the sound of Mario saying, "Sure Jeffy, You can get an Ice cream. Hold on, let me grab my wallet.", The Camera then showed words on the Ice Cream Truck that said "ICE CREAM" and "CHILDREN CROSSING" Before revealing that the driver of The Ice Cream truck is Screwball, The scene then cuts to the Ice Cream truck speeding off down the road, Jeffy screaming "DADDY!" And Mario's Hat on the ground.
- On April 1, 2017, a video with the title of "SuperMarioLogan: The Movie!" was released. But as an April Fools joke, the film turned out to be an hour of Jeffy watching white paint on a fence dry. The video was later renamed “Jeffy’s Fun Day” not to confuse it with the original movie.
- On June 30, 2018, The voice actor of Mama Luigi, Zeke, revealed the plot in a live stream with SML critic/reviewer dabhdude.
- Logan claimed in 2018 that a proper trailer would come out sometime in July 2018, but it was never released.
- Chilly Jimenez, Logan’s ex-fiancé, announced on her Twitter that the film was cancelled in 2019. As stated, Logan refused to reveal the film’s cancellation and hoped that anyone would forget about the film.
- On May 12, 2020, Lance stated in the comments section of the SML Q&A that there would be an entire SML Movie update video. However, every time Lance mentions it, trying to come up with excuses for Logan and them not to do it. Stating it has to be sunny outside or it has to be a good day, only for it not to be made. So it may have either just been a rumor or if it was planned out.
- The film is constantly referenced, mocked, or briefly mentioned in SML videos or vlogs. For instance, In SML Movie: Jeffy The Doughnut King! Brooklyn T. Guy briefly mentions the SML movie after yelling at the SML cast while waiting in line to get a doughnut. "Okay, I can see why the movie never came out! You guys were too busy waiting in line for doughnuts!"
- On August 14, 2021, a YouTuber named "MλFDOMiNUS" (who is an SML Critic and a long time former fan) had released his fan-made version of the film titled Maf's SuperMarioLogan Movie, which was received well despite having an entirely different plot compared to the original SML Movie. A sequel titled Maf's SuperMarioLogan Movie 2 is currently in development.