The Magic Roundabout 2 (also known in the US as Doogal 2) is a cancelled sequel to the 2005 French-British computer-animated adventure fantasy film The Magic Roundabout (known in the US as the infamous Doogal), which is based on the television series of the same name. Action Synthese, the company that produced the first film was already developing the sequel since 2004.
- Ian McKellen
- Joanna Lumley
- Kylie Minogue
- Robbie Williams
Why It Was Cancelled
- Plans for a sequel to The Magic Roundabout (Doogal) were cancelled following the closure of Action Synthese in 2013, before the sequel, along with an animated film based on the The Wonderful Wizard of Oz could be completed.
- While the original French-British version was a critical and commercial success, the American version (Doogal) of the first film was widely panned by critics, audiences and fans of the original show alike, and was also a box office failure (mentioned earlier).
- Daniel Tay and Lee Evans both retired from acting in 2009 and 2014 respectively, and could not reprise their roles as Doogal (in the American version) and the Train (in the UK version) respectively.
- Henri Salvador and Michel Galabru expressed no interest in returning as Doogal and Zeebad in the French version before they died in 2008 and 2016 respectively.
- The cast and crew of the first film moved on to other projects, while some had retired and/or died.
- The Weinstein Company, which distributed the first film in the US was shut down in 2018, following the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
- The Magic Roundabout 2 (Doogal 2) was permanently cancelled, and following the closure of Action Synthese (mentioned earlier), the film, along with the animated film adaptation of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz were shelved and will probably remain so for eternity. No video footage or screenshots of the two films have ever been released, so they are most likely lost as well.
- Action Synthese did a CGI animated reboot of The Magic Roundabout series. The reboot ran for two seasons (released in 2007 and 2010 respectively), and it would eventually be the conclusion of The Magic Roundabout franchise.
- The Magic Roundabout (Doogal) is a stand alone film, and it is also so far the only released film from Action Synthese.