The Jungle Book 3 is a cancelled sequel in the original Jungle Book franchise. It was planned to be a third chapter in the original animated series.
Shere Khan, and Baloo have been sold to a circus. When Mowgli hears the news, he and his friends go out to rescue them. During this time, Shere Khan had regretted his actions from the previous two films and eventually reformed after Mowgli and his friends rescued them.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The Jungle Book 2 got mostly unfavorable reviews from critics and audiences, despite being a moderate box office success.
- John Lasseter discontinued direct-to-DVD films after being appointed to The Walt Disney Company in 2006.
- Tony Jay (the new voice of Shere Kahn at the time) died in 2006.
- The film was permanently cancelled.
- In 2016, Jon Favreau directed a loose remake of the original 1967 film.
- The Jungle Book has two films.