CONGRATS, you have found the 800th page on this wiki made by Koolcyborrgforlife!
Note: This is not to be confused with the sixth episode of the fifth season of the American fantasy drama series Once Upon a Time. I'm talking about the former version name of Disney's Brave (2012).
Also, it’s funny to think that two movies were cancelled for Brave. The first being Newt, and now The Bear And The Bow.
The Bear And The Bow is the former version of Disney and Pixar’s Brave that would of token place in Scotland, and would of been Pixar Animation Studios' 13th animated feature. However, The Bear And The Bow never came to be. It was originally scheduled to be released in December 2011.
Brenda Chapman served as the supervisor and was attached to direct the film. And were to be produced by Katherine Sarafian.
The plot would presumably be the same as the 2012 version that was released, but with notable changes.
- Reese Witherspoon as Princess Merida.
- Billy Connolly as Queen Elinor.
- Emma Thompson as King Fergus.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Not much is known about the cancellation except that Pixar and Disney preferred the name “Brave” as it’s an all-around title.
- The original version of Brave was permanently cancelled.
- Pixar and Disney finally released Brave on June 22, 2012.
- Reese Witherspoon was originally going to voice Merida in the original version, but Kelly Macdonald later replaced her due to a rewind of plans.
- Brave reminded as it is today.