In 2013, it was announced that Ben Affleck would replace Christian Bale as Batman and that he will appear in many upcoming DCEU projects and one of them was a solo Batman film.
Before the events of Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Bruce Wayne becomes Batman and fights crime in Gotham City and gets a sidekick named Robin until he is killed by Joker and Harley Quinn. Later on, Batman would also face Deathstroke.
Ben Affleck as Batman
Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke
Jared Leto as Joker
Jeremy Irons as Alfred
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.
J.K. Simmons as Comissioner Gordon
Why It Was Cancelled
1. Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Justice League were panned by critics and audiences.
2. Justice League flopped at box office.
3. Ben Affleck decided to not play Batman after Justice League.
- The Batman film is cancelled.
- The DCEU will be rebooted after Wonder Woman 1984.
- In 2021, a new Batman film starring Robert Pattinson will hit theaters.
- Ben Affleck will return as Batman for upcoming Snyder cut reshoots of the 2017 film Justice League.