The Amazing Spider-Man 3 was a proposed sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 originally scheduled for a 2016 release, but pushed back to 2018.
Three years after the events of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter grieves over the death of Gwen and decides to use his blood to revive various people who died while he was still living. Peter would later face off with new villains.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich/Rhino
- Felicity Jones as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn/Ultimate Green Goblin
Why It Was Cancelled
- Plans for an Amazing Spider-Man cinematic universe, as well as this sequel were cancelled due to the controversial Sony hack.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 failed to outgross the first film.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2, like Spider-Man 3, received polarizing reviews.
- It was also cancelled due to the failure of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- The film and its planned universe were permanently cancelled.
- Marvel hit the "Reset" button again with his appearance in Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming, as well as his mentioning in Ant-Man.
- ↑ Sony Pushes Back ‘Spider-Man 3’ to 2018, Dates ‘Sinister Six’ for 2016
- ↑ The Truth Behind Why 'Amazing Spider-Man 3' Was Canceled
- The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (cancelled film) at Spider-Man Wikia