The Amazing Spider-Man 3 was a proposed sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 originally scheduled for a 2016 release, but pushed back to 2018.
The film, set the events of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter grieves over the death of Gwen and decides to use his blood to revive various people who died while he was still living. Peter would later face off with new villains.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich/Rhino
- Felicity Jones as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn/Ultimate Green Goblin
Why It Was Cancelled
- Plans for an Amazing Spider-Man cinematic universe, as well as this sequel were cancelled due to the controversial Sony Hack of 2014.
- Sony hit the reset button and rebooted the series with Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Andrew Garfield was too old to play Spider-Man. He said he felt lucky to just be a fan again and in a 2020 interview stated he is thrilled not to continue running in the role in the cancelled installments.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 received rather mediocre reviews from critics and fans.
- The film and its planned universe were permanently cancelled.
- Marvel hit the "Reset" button again with his appearance in Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home as well as his mentioning in Ant-Man.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (cancelled film) at Spider-Man Wikia