Terminator Salvation was supposed to start a trilogy in the Terminator franchise.
Apparently, the plot was supposed to continue during or after the events of Salvation. The plot for the most part is unknown.
Why It Was Cancelled
1. Terminator Salvation failed at the box office despite making $300 million worldwide and $100 million domestically.
2. Terminator Salvation was panned by critics and audiences.
3. Halcyon Company filed for bankruptcy and had to sell the Terminator rights.
- Terminator Salvation 2 was permanently cancelled.
- The series was rebooted with Genisys which also flopped. Afterwards, Dark Fate was released and also received poor box office results and the Terminator franchise is now dead.