Superman: The Man of Steel is a cancelled sequel to the 2006 film Superman Returns. It would have Brandon Routh reprising his role as Clark Kent/Superman. All of the other cast members would return as well. Bryan Singer was going to direct again after working on Returns.
Sometime after the events of Returns, Superman finds out that Brainiac followed him to Earth after Krypton exploded.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Superman Returns was a box office disappointment despite receiving generally positive reviews from critics and audiences.
- Bryan Singer went on to direct Jack and the Giant Slayer.
- Warner Brothers hit the reset button and made the 2013 film Man of Steel.
- The sequel was permanently cancelled.
- Superman Returns is a stand alone film.