Super Mario Bros. 2 would have been a sequel to the 1993 movie Super Mario Bros.
The plot is unknown.
Why it Was Cancelled
- The poor reception of the first movie killed any chances of a sequel being made.
- Many stars of the film called the first one "a nightmare."
- The first film failed at the box office.
- Bob Hoskins expressed no interest in returning before he died in 2014.
- John Leguizamo went on to do other projects.
- Hollywood Pictures, the company that produced the first film went out of business in 2007.
- The film was permanently cancelled, but a comic book titled Super Mario Bros. 2 was written and acts as a sequel to the movie. Despite that, Super Mario Bros. is a stand-alone film.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.