Sudden Death 2 is a cancelled sequel to the 1995 film Sudden Death starring Jean-Claude Van Damme. It was scheduled for a Fall 1997 release and would have Jean-Claude Van Damme returning as Darren McCord.
The plot is currently unknown. Apparently, Darren McCord (Van Damme) would have to face terrorists again at another sports event.
Why It Was Cancelled
- As of right now, the reason it was cancelled was due to the first film's poor performance at the box office and due to the mostly mixed reviews from critics and audiences.
- Sudden Death is a stand-alone film.
- The sequel was permanently cancelled.
- Another film that had a similar premise took place at a football stadium was released in 2018 titled Final Score and is referred to as "Die Hard at the football stadium" and elements from the cancelled sequel may have been put into that film.
- Universal is doing a remake of the film with a comedic tone titled Welcome to Sudden Death.
- This is the 220th page.