Sex and the City 3 was a proposed sequel to the 2010 film Sex and the City 2 that was set to be the third installment in the Sex and the City film trilogy, based on the HBO TV series of the same name. It was announced on December 2016.
It was supposed to involve the death of Mr. Big, as well as Samantha receiving sexting and nude pictures from Miranda’s 14-year-old son, Brady.
- Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw
- Kim Cattrall as Samantha Jones
- Kristin Davis as Charlotte York Goldenblatt
- Cynthia Nixon as Miranda Hobbes
- Chris North as John James Preston/Mr. Big
Rest of the cast unknown.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall expressed no interest in returning for the third film, and the rest of the cast wanted to move on to other projects.
- Sex and the City 2 received negative reviews from critics, audiences, and fans of the series, despite being a box office success.
- Cattrall did not want to be in the third film after finding out about the storylines of the film (mentioned in the plot), and she felt she needed to move on from playing Samantha Jones.
- Sex and the City 3 was permanently cancelled. Despite the film's cancellation, fans of Sex and the City still want the third film to happen.
- The Sex and the City franchise has only two films, and Sex and the City 2 would eventually be the conclusion of the franchise, aside from the short-lived prequel series The Carrie Diaries.