Nimona was a planned film that was supposed to come out on January 14, 2022, based on Noelle Stevenson's fantasy webcomic of the same name, but was cancelled due to Blue Sky Studios closing down.  The film was going to be directed by Patrick Osborne and written by Marc Haimes.
Unknown, but possibly the same as the webcomic.
The film was an adaptation of a webcomic of the same name that was in production at the Blue Sky studios. Nimona was reportedly 75% complete when Disney canceled it (meaning the film was almost finished) At this time, it is not known if another company will finish the film nor is it known how much money was invested in the unreleased film.
- Chloë Grace Moretz as Nimona
- Riz Ahmed as Blackheart
Rest of the cast is unknown.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The only reason why the film was cancelled was due to Blue Sky Studios (although Spies in Disguise was critically successful by critics and fans, it didn't make enough money (outside of Blu-Ray and DVD sales in addition to some merchandise sales of the film) closing down in April 2021, though Disney will still maintain the rights to Blue Sky’s library and occasionally use their properties.
- Since Disney decided not to save the movie (as with Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild), it is canceled indefinitely for now.
- All animation progress, voice recording and other work done for the film remain unreleased.
- As of March 2021, the cancelled film is currently being shopped around to other studios to be completed, but it is unknown if the film will officially be made or not.
- Spies in Disguise, which was released on Christmas Day 2019, is now the final film from Blue Sky Studios, and the only film from the studio to be released under Disney.
- On April 11,2022, it was announced that netflix had picked up the rights to the film, while DNEG provides animation where Blue Sky left off.
Some time before, some materials from the film Nimona had apparently been leaked in publications on some platforms, publications that remain deleted to this day.
On July 14, 2021, some materials and footage of the unfinished film were uploaded to YouTube, the video is still available today:
PD: The video can be updated by the user, in case that happens, the link must be updated.