Newt, stylized as newt, is a cancelled Pixar Animation Studios film. Pixar and Walt Disney Studios announced the project in 2008.
It would have been Pixar Animation Studios' fourteenth animated film and was to be released in 2012, before being replaced with Brave.
A pair of blue-footed newts, Newt and Brooke, are the last remaining male and female of their kind on the planet forced together by science to save the species. The problem is they can't stand each other. The pair soon find themselves on a perilous, unpredictable adventure and discover that finding a mate never goes as planned, even when you only have one choice. jetting on channel. chequing we its being zoomed
Why It Was Cancelled
- In a March 2014 interview, Pixar president Edwin Catmill stated that Newt was an idea that was not working in pre-production. When the project was passed to Pete Docter, the director of Up, he pitched an idea that Pixar thought was better and that concept became Inside Out.
- As of 2021, the film is cancelled.
- The film was replaced with Inside Out.
- A newt makes a cameo in the Pixar film Brave in one of the witch's wood carvings.
- This and The Yellow Car are Pixar's only cancelled films, not counting the Circle 7 drafts of Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc. 2, and Finding Nemo 2 since they were from Circle 7.
- The plot was similar to the 2011 film, Rio, Luckily Disney would later buy Fox in between 2017 and 2019.
- Suspiciously, even though there were supposedly only two blue-footed newts left based on the plot, more than two blue-footed newts can be seen in some concept arts of the film (Look at the picture)
- Despite it being cancelled, easter eggs of this film were later seen in many Pixar films.