Hulk 2 was a planned sequel to the 2003 film Hulk. It was scheduled for a May 2005 release. The film was going to have Ang Lee return to direct the film and have James Schamus return as the screenwriter.
The Hulk deals with The Leader and The Abomination.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Hulk received primarily mixed reviews from critics and fans despite being a box office hit.
- The original sequel was permanently cancelled.
- Elements from the original sequel were put into 2008's The Incredible Hulk.
- Marvel took over production in 2006 when Universal did not meet its deadline for production.
- Eric Bana would still reprise his role as Bruce Banner in the Video Game.