Heathcliff: Bad Kitty was going to be a 3D animated adaptation of the comic strip character of the same name. It was scheduled for a release in 2011.
Waterman Studios and Magic Lantern Entertainment were planning to make the film and 41Entertainment would distribute it. The movie was to be made to regain interest in the Heathcliff brand.
Swinton Scott and Bary Cadwell were hired to make the storyboard of the film. Little by little, some information arrived, but soon the news would stop arriving.
It is unknown what the plot would be about. But, from the little information that was released, it can be assumed that it would be about Heathcliff taking care of three annoying little cats.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The two graphic artists who worked on the trailer's storyboard stated that they had never been called back to work on the film.
- The project never came to fruition.
- The film was permanently canceled and will likely never be released.
- Despite the cancelation, the trailer is still up.
- Some press releases from the distribuitor could show that the film may be have almost been finished.