Green Lantern 2 is a proposed sequel to the 2011 film Green Lantern which was due to star Ryan Reynolds back in the lead role. However, he expressed no interest in reprising the title character and it was also cancelled because the first film bombed at the box office 
Why It Was Cancelled
- Plans for a Marvel Cinematic Universe style DC Comics Universe changed and Man of Steel became the first installment of the cinematic universe.
- The sequel was cancelled after the first film flopped at the box office.
- Ryan Reynolds expressed no interest in a sequel in order to star in both Deadpool and Deadpool 2.
- Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern
- Mark Strong as Sinestro
- The sequel is permanently cancelled.
- The series will be rebooted as Green Lantern Corps.
- Green Lantern is a stand-alone film.
- A post credit scene from Deadpool 2 shows the character shooting his alter ego Ryan Reynolds in the head before reading the film's script.