Godzilla 2 was the proposed sequel to the Godzilla film from TriStar Pictures.
The surviving Godzilla (Zilla) from the first film's ending battles a giant insect in Sydney.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The 1998 Godzilla film was heavily panned by critics and fans alike, despite being a commercial success and is currently a stand-alone film.
- Rolland Emmerich and the rest of the filmmakers didn't want to make fans mad again after the first film was released.
- The cancelled sequel ended up being an animated series that aired on Fox Kids from 1998 to 2000.
- Sony/TriStar's rights to the Godzilla franchise expired in 2003 and their rights were reverted back to Toho.
- Toho produced Godzilla 2000 in response to the American film, starting the Milennium series.
- In 2014 a Godzilla reboot was released and it was supposed to set up monsterverse, but the monsterverse fate is unknown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.