Fantastic Four 3 is a third and cancelled installment of the 2005 Fantastic Four series produced by 20th Century Fox and Marvel and was scheduled for a 2009 release. It was slated to bring Black Panther to the film series.
- Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic
- Jessica Alba as Sue Storm/Invisible Woman
- Chris Evans as Johnny Storm/Human Torch
- Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm/Thing
- Julian McMahon as Victor von Doom/Doctor Doom
- Danny DeVito as Mole Man
Why It Was Cancelled
- Black Panther's film rights remained at Marvel.
- The cast of the first two films with the exception of Chiklis expressed no interest in making a third film.
- It was cancelled due to the negative box office performance of Rise of the Silver Surfer.
- The film would have likely used The Puppet Master as the main antagonist as the film would have focused on Ben and Alicia’s relationship.
- Jessica Alba had some on-set conflicts with Tim Story.
- The film was permanently cancelled after Marvel and Fox both hit the reset button with the 2015 reboot as a result of the reboot's failure.