Castlevania was a proposed, unreleased war horror action film that was going to be based on the famous Castlevania video game franchise.
A Transylvanian knight leads his men into a haunted castle to seek refuge from the Turkish Army around the bases of Hungary and Romania. They end up unleashing Dracula and this starts a generational conflict between the vampire and the Belmont Clan.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The screenplay went under many significant rewrites.
- Steven Paul took strike on the film. He didn't want it to have a specific or perfect script.
- Relativity Media, one of the distributors for the film, was later sold.
- The screen actors complained about multiple strikes.
- The film was permanently cancelled.
- The last real announcement or update on the actual film was way back in 2009.
- A TV series of the same name, Castlevania, was released in 2017.
- Castlevania Wiki article on the topic of the film.