Battlefield Earth 2 is a proposed sequel to the 2000 Razzie-Award winning film Battlefield Earth. The film was first scheduled for a 2002 release, but was extended for a 2003 release, before being cancelled due to the failure of Battlefield Earth.
Johnnie Goodboy Tyler and the rest of the humans would be facing life after the Psychloes were defeated.
- Barry Pepper as Johnny Goodboy Tyler
Rest of cast unknown
Why It Was Cancelled
- The first Battlefield Earth film was panned by critics, failed at the box office and Franchise Pictures, the company that co-distributed the film went out of business. It was also cancelled since Franchise Pictures made a number of other failures including 3000 Miles to Graceland, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, Half Past Dead and Feardotcom.
- The first film also killed the reputation of the Battlefield Earth franchise. There were also plans to produce 13 one-hour animated television segments based on the book and rendered in a manga style. However, the segments were also cancelled.
- The film was never made due to the failure of the stand alone film and the bankruptcy of Franchise Pictures.
- This would have been the first sequel to a film produced by Franchise Pictures.